Walk for Kids Details
Saturday, April 30, 2022
Rose Bowl - Lot F
1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena CA 91105
Site Opens: 7:30am
Opening Ceremony: 8:45am
- 7:30am-Site opens for Walk for Kids 2022! Listen to your favorite tunes and visit the various displays including:
- Registration-You only need to go to registration for the following reasons:
- If you need to register in person or turn in donations
- If you would like to pick up a shirt and swag bag
- If you have raised $100 or more to receive your incentive prize passport
- VIP's can check in at the VIP table to receive their wristband for the VIP area.
- Walkers Village : There will be a variety of vendors including our Walk for Kids sponsors! Including: LA Kings Street Team, Kidspace Museum, Galpin Ford Paint-A-Truck, tattoo artists, balloon artists, inflatable obstacle course, arts and crafts, and so much more!
- Ronald McDonald House Booth : Visit the Ronald McDonald House booth to learn more about the Los Angeles and Pasadena locations. If you are supporting the Los Angeles or Pasadena House and have raised over $100, show your passport to receive your incentive prizes.
- Camp Experience : Visit the Camp Experience to learn more about Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times. If you are supporting Camp and have raised over $100, show your passport to receive your incentive prizes.
- VIP Area : VIP's are welcome to a hot breakfast catered by Bruce's Catering.
- ... and more!
*Please allow an additional 20 minutes to go through registration.
8:45 am Opening Ceremony Begins- Warm up led by LA Rams Cheerleaders
9:15 am Walk Begins- Walk together around the Rose Bowl recreational loop.
10:30 am Celebrate- Live music by First Day of School.
General parking will be in Lot K. Parking is free!
Download Parking Map
- Our highest priority is the health and safety of our walkers and communities. Walk for Kids gatherings are scheduled to take place across Southern California at in-person locations; supporters are invited to participate in the way they feel most comfortable.
- We ask that all attendees wear face coverings while in communal areas and undergo a brief wellness screening upon arrival. Please stay home if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms within 24 hours prior to the event or are exposed to anyone who is positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the event.
- In-person events shall be presented in accordance with applicable public health conditions as of the date of the event and may change at any time as determined by federal, state, or local government agencies. We will continue to update this page with developments. In the case that the in-person event must be canceled for any reason, Walk for Kids will take place virtually.
- In the case that the in-person event must be canceled for any reason, Walk for Kids will take place virtually.
- There are volunteers, route marshals and safety & gear vehicles on the route — feel free to ask for help.
- Stay on the marked route by following the arrows and signs.
- Stay hydrated bring water, and water will be supplied at hydration stations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21.
- If you have a medical or other life-threatening emergency, call 911.
At Walk for Kids, we believe that healing happens together that’s why teams are so important. And the bigger the team, the better. Grow your team and start fundraising to get special benefits!
All teams who raise over $3,000 will gain access to the team tailgate area!
Yes, dogs are welcome at this Walk for Kids event but must be leashed. Service animals are always welcome.
Walk for Kids: Pasadena 2022
Walk for Kids™ is an annual fundraiser to support families receiving comfort, care, and support from Ronald McDonald House Pasadena. This fun, family-friendly event calls on volunteers, companies, and donors within their local community to keep families close when they need it the most.
With a click of a button you will join a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with a sense of hope, enthusiasm, courage, and joy. Click here to register.
Join or Start a Team
It’s just a fact: with a team by your side, you raise more money, make a greater impact and have more fun on this journey of keeping families close. Bring together your favorite people for a powerful cause and make your steps go that much further.
Raise Awareness and Fundraise
Walk for Kids does not have a fundraising minimum, but you are encouraged to aim high and set a fundraising goal. Why? Because all a family should worry about is the health of their child.
Every step you take at Walk for Kids: Pasadena 2022 is a step towards keeping families close to their critically ill child. There is nothing like coming to together to celebrate life and healing you have to experience it for yourself.
What is a Virtual Walker?
A virtual participant can walk anywhere, at any time. You get to create your own Walk for Kids experience and your registration shirt will be shipped directly to you. You must register before April 3, 2022, to receive your registration shirt before the day of the event. We cannot guarantee your t-shirt will get to you before then if you register after that date.
If I participated last year, will my information be saved in the system?
Yes! All your information from last year can be carried over to this year's event
If you are a returning participant, Log In using your username and password from the previous year. The system will recognize your account and request your previous password. If you forgot your password, click on Forgot Password? to reset it. You will then be asked to register for this year's event with your previous information auto filled for a quicker registration process.
What does "goal amount" mean?
During registration, you are asked to enter a goal amount for your Walk for Kids account and/or team account. This is the fundraising goal that you set for yourself or your team to appear on your fundraising page. This is the number you aim to strive for during your Walk for Kids fundraising, but you will not be held accountable for this amount and it can be changed at any time in your Participant Center.
Why should I register?
Your registration will provide providing care, comfort, and support to families, staying at Ronald McDonald House Pasadena, so that they can focus on what’s most important—the health of their child.
Is my registration fee tax deductible?
The IRS does not consider registration fees for charity walks to be tax deductible, as you are receiving entry to the event, as well as merchandise, in exchange for your contribution.
Does my registration fee count towards my fundraising total?
Yes it does! Although your registration fee is not tax deductible as explained in the previous question, it does count towards your fundraising total.
If I am already registered, do I need to register my spouse and children?
Everyone who wishes to participate in the walk, must register individually. Child registration is always free.
This is my first-time fundraising—do you have any tips?
Whether you are a newbie to fundraising or have been doing this for several years, you can get tips and ideas to make the most of your efforts by visiting our Fundraising Tips page.
I read your Fundraising Tips page and I still need help?
We're here for you every step of the way! Our Event Manager can help with everything from navigating online tools to managing your donations. Email Hilary Manners at Hmanners@rmhcsc.org or give her a call at 626-204-0410.
My company is interested in becoming a sponsor. What do I do?
Please contact event manager, Hilary Manners at Hmanners@rmhcsc.org to learn more.