Andrea Trujillo - Walk For Kids - Camp Ronald McDonald
Join me me as I join Camp Ronald McDonald for a second year in a row to help raise funds for the kids of Camp Ronald McDonald For Good Times.
If you know me, you know that I have a special place in my heart for kids, and Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times is a special place that brings hope, joy, and love to low-income kids who are sick with cancer. While the past couple of years have been trying for us all; it has been especially difficult for these ailing kids and their families.
Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times heals things that traditional medical treatments cannot reach. Due to Covid-19, Camp hasn't been able to take place in person, so support for campers continued through the "Camp At Home" experience and will soon be in person in 2022! Campers will be safely returning to in-person summer programming to deepen their impact on the campers and their families!
This summer, kids will FINALLY be back at Camp and have some fantastic and fun adventures to look forward to (think: swimming, archery, horse back riding, rock climbing, and more)!
Some highlights of the impact that the Camp has had on children and families facing cancer diagnosis, treatment and beyond include:
- 57% of all the campers are Latinx. Camp Ronald McDonald for good times is the only Spanish language camp program in Southern California
- 40% of campers live below the Federal Poverty line. For these and all campers, Camp is free-of-charge.
- 80% of campers come from low to moderate-income families that may not otherwise have access to camp programming and a support community linked to improved health outcomes.
- 15% of campers, on average, have disabilities. All Camp programs are fully inclusive and accessible
- 70% of parents who completed the post-summer Camp (2020) survey, reported that their child was able to create connections with new or existing campers going through similar situations.
Let’s support these kids. Let’s walk for their well-being. Let’s show them LOVE.
My goal is to raise $4,000!
Saturday April 30th is the Camp For Good Times Official Walk; but you know, I never stop walking and running - so donations are welcome anytime.
Here’s a breakdown of what a donation will provide:
- $10 provides a camper a t-shirt
- $25 provides a camper with an Adventure Program experience
- $50 provides a teenage camper with our WOLP - outdoor leadership experience
- $100 provides a camper with nutritious and delicious summer camp meals
- $250 provides 4 campers with a Horse Program experience
Thank you so much for you support, your donation, and for showing compassion and love.
p.s. if you can't donate today -- it's not too late my donation page will stay open for a few weeks.