Welcome to my Walk for Kids page!
Please join me to help make it possible for EVERY CHILD WITH CANCER to find hope and healing at Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.
Raylan was diagnosed with Bi-Lateral Retinoblastoma (cancer in both of his eyes) when he was just a baby. For families like Raylan’s, a weekend of support and care during this trying time is a luxury that would otherwise not be possible given the expenses associated with cancer treatment - coupled with both mom and dad having to quit their jobs to care for Raylan. Mom Elizabeth shares, “Family Camp is amazing. It was the first time we were able to really talk about everything we were going through. Especially during the parent meeting, we all shared our story. It was then I realized we weren’t the only ones going through this—a weight was lifted. We get time together as a family and then my two older boys go to summer camp for a week every summer. I could not afford to send them to camp so it is a blessing Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times is cost free!”
I am asking for your support of Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times biggest fundraiser of the year, the Walk for Kids of our efforts to ensure EVERY CHILD WITH CANCER can experience the healing and support of Camp. Your tax deductible donation can be made by clicking the the red Donate Now button to the right of the page.
While 10% of Camp’s operating budget is generously provided by McDonald’s Owner/Operators Association of Southern California, we rely on the generosity of companies and donors like you to fund the other 90%. Every donation amount is so important!
More About Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times: For more than thirty five years, Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times has provided cost free camp programs for children with cancer and their families. It is our philosophy that love, care, attention, and above all else, friendship transforms lives and leads to healthy outcomes. Camp provides families with the unique opportunity to pause, smile, connect with others who are facing the same challenges, and renew a sense of hope. At the same time, children develop critical social/emotional skills that are often underdeveloped in patients and siblings who miss out on peer to peer interactions during years of treatment in their formative years.
We know we can’t negate the impact of chemotherapy or reduce the pain that comes with treatment, but we feel that cancer should not take away the opportunity for a child to experience the fun, laughter and joy of life. Camp provides that opportunity and more! Offering children fighting cancer the chance to take a break from hospitals and find the opportunity to just be “kids”.
I want to thank you in advance for your support!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.